A new security code feature has been added and is required to redeem certain rewards. This new feature makes redeeming gift cards more secure than ever before!
The security code is a randomly generated 8-digit code made up of letters and numbers. It is different from your claim code (sometimes also called a Retailer Code or Card Number) which will be much longer and is needed to claim your reward.
At the moment, the following rewards will require security codes to complete the redemption process after they have finished processing:
|Amazon||Cold Stone Creamery||GameStop|
The redemption process with the added security code step for the above rewards is quick and simple, and will look something like this:
- After your reward has finished processing, go to the Rewards tab and open the My rewards section to find your redeemed reward. When it is ready to be used, it will say Reward ready
- Tap on your reward and you will see the security code that you will need in order to receive the actual code to claim your reward
- Press the orange area where the security code is and you will automatically be taken to the next screen
- On this next screen, tap on the box and paste in your security code, then tap Activate
- Once the security code is properly entered, the claim code will be generated. Retailer-specific instructions will be displayed below and may vary slightly.
- From here, follow the instructions and use your claim code to create your gift card and apply it to your balance. For this Amazon reward, we would apply the claim code to the account on the Amazon app or website